Written by Green Pioneers Student Interns and Apprentices

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our first chick hatched!


Wow, the moment we had all been waiting for arrived: Our first chick hatched! Everybody in Green Pioneers was so excited, you could see it in their eyes - they looked like little kids getting a new toy :) We can't wait for the next one to hatch too. We've had these eggs in our incubator for 23 days. The only part that may be problematic is that for the first two days, chicks only have a 50/50 percent chance of survival! 

I wanted to tell everyone reading this that I learned a new word today: FLABBERGASTED. Doesn't it sound awesome?! It means to be overcome with astonishment. For example, I was walking in the garden for the first time and I was flabbergasted by the pretty sight! :)

I never knew Castlemont had such a nice garden till I saw it for myself with my own eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment