Written by Green Pioneers Student Interns and Apprentices

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Food First Interviews Green Pioneers

A representative from Food First came to visit our garden and write about us! Food First is an Institute for Food & Development policy. This is their website: http://www.foodfirst.org

The writer interviewed different students and asked them to answer the question: "How do Green Pioneers help the environment and Oakland?"

Here are some of the answers they gave:

"I'm in Green Pioneers because I'd rather spend my time helping my community than out in the streets up to no good. I love working in the garden, planting, and even making a delicious healthy snack for fellow Green Pioneers. My internship goal is to plan a farmer's market in our neighborhood for everyone's family to enjoy and hopefully I will be able to achieve it. My experience in Green Pioneers has been great and I'm glad I could help the community eat healthy." - JoAnna

"I think Green Pioneers is good for Oakland because it helps the environments and it also helps teenagers grow close to nature. That's exactly why I joined the club." - Jazmin

"Green Pioneers is a positive influence on youth.  Instead of eating unhealthy food (like McDonald's), we teach other people how to grow their own food, and we learn what is in our food." - Oranjel

No comments:

Post a Comment