Written by Green Pioneers Student Interns and Apprentices

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Guest Blogger: Joanna Styx

This is me with a cake I made for Green Club's first potluck

Hi, my name is Joanna Syx and I have been working here at the Green Pioneers for about a year now, and I have learned a lot. Mostly about eating right and making sure what you eat is healthy. For instance, did you know that the chicken from McDonald isn't real chicken? Well I didn't know but ever since I started the program I have learned a little more everyday.

Collard Greens
 Even the salad at McDonald's isn't healthy. Healthy food is grown without pesticides and chemicals being used. I feel that my job in the Green Pioneers is to help people understand that eating healthy isn't exactly hard, it is actually kind of easy as long as you know what foods you are eating.

For example, in the garden we grow: lettuce, onions, cilantro, cabbage, fava beans, strawberries and collard greens. We are able to make delicious snacks, instead of going out and buying hot chips and soda. Some people feel that it is hard to find healthy food and that is true but, if you really put your mind to eating healthy I know you can do it.

4 different kinds of lettuce we grow in our garden


Learn what chicken nuggets are really made of!

   What do silly putty and McDonald's chicken nuggets have in common? 

No comments:

Post a Comment