Written by Green Pioneers Student Interns and Apprentices

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Green Pioneers internship at our garden

Hello my name is Isabel. It's nice to meet you. I have an internship during this spring semester working at Castlemont High Schools' community garden. We meet after school 3 days a week. If you were to visit our garden, you would see Green Pioneers working cohesively as a team planting, constructing, and cooking. It's always a pleasant sight! I'm a freshman from Leadership Prep but our club consists of students from the other three schools on our campus: EOSA, LPS, and CBITS.

This semester, my internship project will be writing about our garden on this blog. Other Green Pioneers and I will also post pictures & videos of our progress throughout the semester. 


 A little bit about me:
- I enjoy helping the environment.
- I like gardening, watching the plants grow and helping with the compost even when we get dirty. Green Pioneers Volunteer, Grace Proctor, likes that students have access to a garden and grow plants and cook what we grow even though the school and neighborhood are located in an urban neighborhood in East Oakland.
- I love drawing and reading books with dramatic stories where I can use my imagination and picture what is happening.

Thank you for reading this blog. I hope you will enjoy learning more about Green Pioneers!


No comments:

Post a Comment